Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keeping Busy!

It's been a little over a week since we've got the news that the IVF didn't work. We are doing pretty well and I've found that keeping busy is key. The less time I have to sit and think, the better!
Last Saturday Rhett took me downtown for a little retail therapy. He is so sweet just sitting and patiently waiting as I tried on clothes. I always think of the Brad Paisley song, "Waiting on a Woman" when he comes along. At the second store though I turned to him and said, why don't you go to a bar and I'll call you when I'm done. Needless to say, no arm turning was necessary there. Rhett made friends at Joe's and then Gibson's. We had a nice dinner together and then came home and Rhett made me do a fashion show with all my new purchases. It was such a fun day!
Yesterday Rhett and I did a pub crawl called TBOX. The twelve bars of Christmas. We got all dressed up in tacky gear and hung out with some friends from school. It was a lot of fun. We are just doing things we can't do when we have children some day. I know we still feel sad, but we are just trying to count our blessings everyday and live in the moment. We are both excited to spend time with our families over the holidays. We will be spending Christmas in Ohio and New Year's in Arizona. We have a lot to look forward to and we know that God has a plan for us, it just isn't on our time schedule, so we are trying to hand Him the wheel, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!

Here are some pictures from the bar crawl, none of the pics of us together turned out that well, so I put one of Rhett and one of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment