Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

As I reflect back on 2011 I think about all the events that happened, good and bad. I became an aunt again to my beautiful niece Lucy. Rhett landed an amazing new job that he's excelling at and quite happy with. We witnessed some good friends getting married, we did a bit of traveling, and celebrated our five year wedding anniversary.
There were the not so fond memories too, losing both my grandfathers and some unsuccessful IVF's, but I choose to focus on the great memories of 2011. The lessons that were learned, and the gratitude for the newfound strength to conquer life's little obstacles.
I remember getting ready to go out for dinner on our anniversary a few nights ago and turning to Rhett and saying, "You know, this is the first anniversary that I didn't spend wishing, praying, and wistful for a child, I feel very much at peace." Of course Rhett and want children but there is a reason it hasn't happened for us and we both seem to have become at peace with this. I adore Rhett and the life we've built together. I think for a long time, I felt that being a mother would define me, that I wouldn't be complete without it. I've realized lately that there is a lot more to me, to life, then following the path that the majority of the world takes. I know that being a mom would be amazing and fulfilling, but if God has another plan for us, to adopt one day, to be world travelers, to help those in need, then I need to open my eyes, ears, and heart and be willing. I've started to realize that God is talking all the time, but perhaps I haven't stopped to listen because it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
With New Year's always brings resolutions, mine are:
1.To count my blessings every day
2.blog at least 3 times a week
3.start writing my book ( my lifetime dream has been to be a writer)
4. cook more
5. run more
6. go to church more

"My life may not be going the way I planned it, but it is going exactly the way God planned it."

Cheers to handing over the wheel and enjoying this wonderful ride, we call life. Buckle up and Happy New Year. May 2012 bring joy, peace, happiness, and contentment.

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Love you baby. I'm happy to have a new year to spend with you and look forward to the joy to come. I'm proud to be your husband and partner in our adventures that will follow.

    ReplyDelete