Sunday, November 11, 2012

Waiting

Waiting is so hard. We have waited for lab results, waited to finally get a positive pregnancy test, and now we wait on HcG numbers. Waiting is hard, being patient is hard, but it is a virtue and one I try get better at everyday.

On Friday, we went in for our 2nd repeat blood test after the positive pregnancy test on Monday. I waited all day to hear the news, to find out my numbers had not quite doubled. They increased quite a bit, but because they didn't double I am going in for another blood test on Monday. My progesterone levels have been decreasing a bit, so they added some more progesterone to my medication plan and we are hoping that should take care of that problem. So now, we wait. I have been trying to stay very positive, but of course am a bit worried. I know that worrying won't help anything so I am trying to stop myself from going down that path.

Luckily I have a big distraction to consume my mind today and it's name is CONFERENCES! Yes, ladies and gentlemen that time of year is here, so I sit surrounded by piles of papers to stuff, organize, and write comments on. Conferences go everyday this week after school, and then next week, we have a whole week off. If all goes well tomorrow, we have our first ultrasound on Thursday to detect the gestational sac and the yolk, and then the day after Thanksgiving we should be able to see a heartbeat! So much to look forward to, please keep the prayers coming!

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for those numbers to go up, double is the word :) I don't know how you do it, you guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart don't get down, you and Rhett have been through so much, the good sign is the numbers did increase and with a little change in your meds/shots and a whole lot of prayers from a lot of people pulling for you two your numbers will be there come Monday. You have willed yourself this far and you can will yourself to the next step. Remember it takes baby steps, then you walk, then you run, have a good positive weekend and Monday will be a new day with higher numbers still.

    Gammy and Bampa S

    ReplyDelete
  3. O glorious Saint Gerard, powerful intercessor before God, and wonder worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your help. You who always fulfilled God's will on earth, help me to do God's holy will. Intercede with the Giver of life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, that Bailey may conceive and raise children who will please God in this life, and be heirs to the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

    God be with you both, Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete