Friday, September 9, 2011

My Next Thirty Years...

I remember listening to the song "My Next Thirty Years" by Tim McGraw when I was younger and thinking 30 sounded old, and well so far off... but here I am sitting at my kitchen table drinking coffee (took the day off work)and realizing that 30 wasn't so far off after all. I am it and it is me.
Looking back on my past 30 years I realize how blessed I've been, a wonderful mom and dad that love me, two great brothers, and the most adoring, caring, supportive (and handsome) husband a gal could ask for. Now that I'm starting a new era I'm looking towards my next thirty years and I wonder what's in store for me. I hope and pray that soon God will bless us with a child, I'd like to pursue my dream of writing, and stop complaining (not sure which will be harder, the having a child or not complaining, ha).
One goal that you all know about and have supported me in, is my dream to run a marathon. It is with a heavy heart that I announce to you all that I've decided not to run the Chicago Marathon. There were many factors that came into play when making this decision, and believe me, it wasn't an easy one to make! When the school year started, I was working crazy long hours that was inhibiting me from keeping to my running schedule during the week. There were weeks that I was not running at all during the week and jumping in and running 16 miles on a Saturday. This in turn has caused me to suffer a lot of back and knee pain. In conjunction to the aches and pains, I'd been feeling more tired than I ever had in my life. I at first contributed this to chasing 6 and 7 year olds around again for 7 hours a day. After a while though, I realized this was a whole new kind of tired. After some bloodwork it was found my thyroid is not properly functioning. My doctor said that this can further negatively impact my fertility (really?!?) so I've been put on medication to help regulate this problem. My optimistic mom says perhaps this is the ticket we'll need to get preggers! So to make a long story short, it seems as though the intense work outs were not boding well with me, and I made what seems to me like the hardest, but most responsible choice I could. I can't thank you all enough for the generous contributions you made to support me, and please know 100% of your donations have gone to help sick children (and are tax deductible :) ) regardless of whether I run the race or not.
So on to bigger and better things...For my birthday, Rhett bought me a bunch of fertility books that we're going to read together and hope to start treatments again soon! Taking a break from treatments has been wonderful for us, it gave us time to relax, focus on us, and de-stress. Lately though, I think we've been getting the itch to take charge and plow forward again. So it's true what they say, one door closes and another opens... So cheers to my past thirty years and on to my

next thirty years filled with hopes, dreams, and maybe the pitter patter of little feet..

No comments:

Post a Comment