Saturday, March 12, 2011

The "Race" to Recovery

 "It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's what you do when you get back up." I have heard this quote many times before and always loved it. Now, it takes on a whole new meaning. The past three years for Rhett and I have been a series of peaks and lows, of excitements and disappointments, and at times, let's face it, I felt like I was literally knocked down... hard. Each time we got back up, a little bruised but ready for another fight. But sometimes you have to look truth and the face and see, I might be fighting a losing battle here.

   After this last rather brutal "knock down" it was much harder to get back up, but once I decided to brush myself off, steady on one leg and then the other, I decided not to walk back towards the same fight, I'm going to run, in the other direction. When I say run, I mean literally. I have signed up to run the Chicago Marathon on October 9, 2011 and will begin training as soon as my doctor gives me the "go-ahead".

   For years I have set a goal of being a mom. We have tried and tried to accomplish this, but can't seem to make it happen. I decided to set on a mission to accomplish a new goal, one I have always dreamed of achieving, and one I know I can do. So I will be running, A LOT. I have chose to raise money for the Children's Memorial Hospital. It does not seem to be our time to have a child, so I would like to help the millions of children out there who are sick and are need of great care. I really am excited to take all of my energy and place it towards this goal. I can't wait to start! This is my donation page, every little bit helps!
http://www.heroesforlife.org/site/TR/MarathonTeam/MarathonTeam?px=1087020&pg=personal&fr_id=1260

  Rhett and I are going to be taking the rest of 2011 to do things together and enjoy each other more. We hope to take a trip, save some money (instead of give it all to fertility treatments) and relax and regroup. We plan to do another frozen cycle in January, but until then, it's us time. We will be parents some day, but right now we are on baby hiatus. To come to this conclusion was hard, to say the least but now that we've made it, we feel relieved, and rejuvenated and ready to put a bookmark in this chapter, and come back to it at a later time. I am feeling very quotie today! Here's another favorite, 
"Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, well then it's not the end."

P.S. don't worry the blog goes on!!

1 comment:

  1. Bailey has the doctor given you answers as to why this has happened to you again? I know this has been a difficult time for you and Rhett but your positive attitude is such an inspiration to others. I feel in my heart that you will be parents in due time. I think you will be used by God to help someone else through this process in the future. All things happen for a reason and at the time they seem unimaginable but, keep the faith and believe!!!

    Love,

    Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete