Monday, October 10, 2011

Going Granola

Yesterday as Rhett and I were driving out to see my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, father-in-law, and adorable little Lucy (we missed you Jan). I was telling Rhett about my second fertility yoga class and I was sharing what a wonderful experience it was again. I'm learning to find balance within my physical self and the world around me as well as creating relationships with the other wonderful women who are on the fertility journey with me. I feel more positive and in control and am really digging this zen-like feeling! In conjunction to the yoga I have begun acupuncture again and really love this relaxing experience. She suggested I see the nutritionist, and I meet with her Thursday and I'm excited to hear what she has to share. The more I've been reading about the eastern way of thinking, I'm prepared for her to tell me that my 17 years of vegetarianism aren't helping my cause. I will do anything to have a baby and keep it in there for 9 healthy, happy months, and would even consider trying to incorporate fish and maybe even meat (I'm gagging writing that) but a baby is more important to me than my beliefs against harming animals. I'm hoping she will say it isn't necessary, but I'm keeping an open-mind. I told Rhett he probably thinks I'm going all "granola" (hippie) on him but he thinks it's really cool how I'm adopting a new way of thinking and the most positive mindset possible. There is a saying painted on the wall in my yoga studio that has become my daily mantra.

"I am happy, I am healthy, I am whole."


Me and Rhett getting some parenting practice with adorable Lulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment