Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yoga, and Needles, and Fish? Oh my!

I've been meaning to blog all week, but here it is Sunday already and I am just now sitting down to do it! It has been quite an eventful week and I'm excited to share the latest developments. So take a seat (seriously, sit down for this), grab a cup of coffee in my honor (since I no longer drink it...sigh) and be ready to be floored!
In my last blog I stated that I started seeing an acupuncturist again and that I was going to be seeing a nutritionist this week. My acupuncturist and nutritioist had highly suggested that I incorporate fish into my strictly 17 year vegetarian diet. I obviously was not pleased by this news, but I want a baby more than anything in the world, so if they told me shaving my head and sleeping on the floor would do it, then I'd be a bald lady with a sore back, so I figured what the hell..
As many of you know, Rhett and I participate in a rating program for Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants. This week we rated Shaw's, which is a fine dining seafood restaurant, so I figured if I'm gonna do this, this is the place to start... I ordered salmon and drumroll please.... I LIKED IT!! Also, even better, I didn't puke!!! Rhett was so proud of me and I was proud of myself, if I'm going to be a mommy I have to put those little one's needs ahead of my own, so I thought, first step in the right direction!

The nutrionist gave me lots of great pointers and put me on four different supplements. I'm eating all organic, trying to cut out refined sugar, lots of protein, lots of sleep, and no caffeine! I had a few slip-ups this weekend (eating out gets me everytime, good thing we're on a budget and don't do it that often!) but today is a new day! Only 38 days til transfer!! I can't wait! I have it marked in my calendar as the day we get pregnant!!! I'm feeling so positive and ready! I just know we are going to be blessed! This Thanksgiving (even though we won't know the outcome yet) we will have even more to be thankful for! I'm off to Yoga!

Namaste,

Bails

P.S. Here are some pics from the week; my first fish dish, my sweetest day pizza Rhett brought home, I splurged and had one,tiny, little slice, and Boomer "doing" yoga. He says he likes, "downward facing dog"!






1 comment:

  1. Love you babe! Thanks for making a safe home for a little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete