Sunday, October 30, 2011

Me Against the Fish

This past week I decided to try and master cooking fish at home for Rhett and I since I'm making more of an effort to incorporate it into my diet. It's funny how many people have told me they about fell out of their chair when they heard that I tried fish.. the things we do for our kids (or future kids). Anyways, I digress. So I go to Whole Foods and I buy the fish from the counter and the guy tells me he de-boned it and all that good stuff. I come home, ready to make a delicious dinner (with a little help from my girl, Giada) I brush one side with olive oil and then flip it over to brush the other side when GASP! (I think I actually said something else) the entire side was covered in fish skin... gross! You see, when I'm eating fish I keep trying to tell myself I'm not actually eating a fish, but that scaly sight made it harder to believe my delusions. So I grabbed by knife and tackled it as best I could ( in-between gags, of course). Good news is, it turned out really good! I think I'm over the initial shock and ready to tackle it again.
I went to see my nutritionist again this past weekend and got some more really great advice! She helped me think of more ways to incorporate protein into my diet and advised me against most canned goods besides a brand called "Eden's Organics" due to the fact that most cans are lined with a chemical called BPA which I'm sure you've heard in recent years getting a bad rep for causing hormonal disturbances in our bodies. I had a relaxing acupuncture treatment and a great yoga class today! I love the time with fellow women who truly understand how I feel. It's a great way to vent, grow, and further learn the yoga technique. Next week is my last class and I really hope to enroll in Fertility for Yoga Phase 2 with my yoga buddies, and continue our journey together! I've felt like I'm dealing with stress much better and have a more positive outlook on life and our pursuit towards parenthood. This week we learned meditation and I'm excited to practice this new skill this week.

23 days until transfer!! I can't wait for our three little snow babies to come home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment