Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week in Review and Pots and Pans Too!

This past week has been filled with lots of happenings! Rhett's mom and dad have been in town since August and are headed back to Arizona tomorrow so we went out for a nice dinner to a french restaurant called Mon Ami Gabi. Rhett and I were actually doing a rating there for a secret diner program we do, and our coordinator let us bring them along! It was nice to be able to catch up and spend some time together!

On Saturday we had our niece, Lucy's first birthday! It's hard to believe she was born a year ago! The party was great and we got to play with lots of adorable babies. I kept thinking about how this time next year Rhett and I will hopefully be bringing our little one or ones to Lucy's second birthday party! We're less than a month away now from our transfer and we're getting so excited! I go tomorrow to the doctor for an ultra sound and blood work to see if we can stop the pill and start some shots! It will be here before we know it!!!

In other exciting news Rhett bought me some new stainless steel pots and pans!! My nutritionist advised me that using non-stick (as I have for years) is actually not good practice because after a while it can start to break apart and the chemicals can get in the food you're cooking causes further hormonal disturbance, which I don't need! She also said that when using nonstick you use less olive oil to cook with, and right now she's been having me work on increasing my intake of healthy fats into my diet. When those pots and pans came I was so excited, I was like a kid in a candy shop! My brothers and I used to tease my mom about her obsession with new pots and pans, but now that I'm an adult I totally get it... when did I grow up?





No comments:

Post a Comment