As you probably remember reading from a previous post, "Perfect 10" my uterine lining was looking nice and thick and everything was going as planned for our scheduled transfer on the 22nd. However, this past Wednesday I went to the doctor and my lining had gone down to 8mm, which is good, but obviously not as good as my beautiful 10mm lining from the previous week. We want a nice, thick lining so that there is more room for our precious little snow babies to implant. The doctor and nurse didn't seem to concerned with this change of events, saying it was so slight, and my lining still looked great and we were set to go for our transfer. I wasn't so satisfied with this answer and requested to come in for another Ultrasound yesterday. I am glad that I did, because my lining has continued to shrink. Now it is only a 6.9. They can still do the transfer but obviously this is not the ideal lining, and if it continues to go down next week, we won't be able to do it at all. They did put me on an additional estrogen pill in the hopes that it will thicken up by Tuesday's transfer.
The plan is for me to come in an hour before transfer so that I may have an ultrasound to look at my lining. If it looks good, they will go ahead and thaw the embyros, if not, we will have to cancel the transfer and start all over.
I am trying so hard to stay positive, but it's hard. I was completely blindsided by this and feel so helpless, all we can do is hope and pray. Rhett is trying his best to keep me grounded and settled as he always does. I guess all we can do is wait. Please pray for a thick lining for these little ones, they want to come home :)